With the changing technological times, it really shouldn’t come as a surprise to find out that so many electronics are considered “smart” devices. Oddly enough, this includes the light bulbs that you consistently use all throughout your house. A smart light bulb has internet capabilities which allow the user to customize, schedule, and control the bulb using a remote controller or an app on a cell phone. If you’re a fan of technology, then you may want to check out the undeniable benefits of using smart light bulbs all throughout your home instead of the traditional incandescent light bulbs. But before you jump on to the internet to buy the first smart light bulb you think looks decent, let’s take a few minutes to check out some of the best smart light bulbs available on the market today and what you should be looking for when you make the step to buy your own smart light bulb.
Top Picks : 5 Best Smart Lumen LED Light Bulbs
10 Led Smart Bulb Reviews
1. Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance 2-Pack A19 LED Smart Bulb
- Easy to use
- Bluetooth and Hub compatible
- Some people may have a difficult time understanding the directions
- It may be difficult to set-up for some people
- Bulbs may not remember the settings
The changing times have brought a whole new world of technology into our lives. While this can be a great thing, it can also make things a little confusing at times. Luckily, this LED Smart Bulb from Philips was made for those of you who struggle a little bit with ever-changing technology.
With just a touch of a button on your cell phone, this smart light bulb can be controlled from the comfort of your bed, couch, or even the bathroom using Bluetooth technology! Providing an unbelievable number of color choices, this smart light is capable of being used for 22 years or 25,000 lifetime hours. While this smart light is Bluetooth accessible, it can also be used with whatever hub you use on a regular basis. If you’re looking for a customizable LED Smart Bulb, then you should look into purchasing this impressive White and Color Ambiance Smart Bulb by Philips.
2. LED Floor Lamp by SUNLLIPE
- Comes with easy to understand directions
- Comes with a durable lampshade
- Has a stable base
- May not be bright enough for some people
- May not be made out of quality materials
One of the main reasons why people are making the switch to LED lights is because of how environmentally friendly they are compared to other lighting options. Using two LED light bulbs, this floor lamp from SUNLLIPE has a lifespan of 40,000 hours. While this allows you to spend less money on replacing light bulbs, it also allows you to spend less money on your electric bill, as well. If you’ve ever had a floor lamp before, then you’ve probably noticed that it can be adjusted into different angles. Well, don’t for a second think that this LED floor lamp is any different. In fact, this floor lamp is not only capable of being adjusted, but it also emits 3000k warm light on three different settings, which is the perfect lighting for reading, relaxing, or doing crossword puzzles. Thanks to the fact that this floor lamp is lightweight and easy to put together, you’re able to move the light from place to place with ease. If you’re looking for a compact, efficient LED lighting option, then you should definitely look into this impressive LED Floor Lamp from SUNLLIPE.
3. Smart WiFi Light Bulb by LUMIMAN
- Easy to use
- Provides a wide variety of color choices
- The directions may be a bit complicated for some
- Lights may emit a buzzing noise
- Some internet networks may have a difficult time connecting to this product
People all over the world are making the wise switch to smart products because of their undeniably high level of convenience. If you’re thinking about making this dramatic leap into the future, then take a moment to look into this Smart WiFi Light Bulb by LUMIMAN. This impressive product allows you to create your own light effects using 16 million colors while changing the brightness using the built-in dimmer. Also, have you ever found yourself wishing you had turned the lights on before you left your house? If so, then you’ll surely be impressed with the fact that you can either set a time for this light to go on at a specific time, or you can manually turn it on from wherever you are in the world. This Smart WiFi Light Bulb by LUMIMAN is compatible with the Alexa Echo, as well as the Google Home Assistant and the Echo Dot. But don’t worry if you don’t have either of those because this Smart Light Bulb can be controlled with its very own app. If you’re thinking about joining the smart light bulb bandwagon, then this product is certainly the one to jump on.
4. Smart LED Light Bulb by Peteme
- Compatible with a variety of different platforms
- Easy to use
- Easy to install
- May not be as bright as some people would like
- The directions may provide inadequate information
- Some may be disappointed with the app provided with the light bulb
We’ve entered into an unbelievable time where technology is advancing at an incredible rate. While some people enjoy keeping up with times by being tech-savvy, other people have chosen to slowly dip their toes into the future. If you’re one of the people who are taking their time getting accustomed to the changing times, then you may want to start your journey by checking out this LED Light Bulb by Peteme. This LED Smart Light Bulb is compatible with Siri, Alexa, and even Google Home, but it can also be used with an app on your cell phone. It goes without saying that people love having options, which is why Peteme created an LED Light Bulb that is capable of allowing you to choose a color scheme using 16 million different colors and levels of brightness. If you’re looking for an LED Smart Light Bulb to replace your traditional 75W incandescent light bulb, then this Smart Light Bulb from Peteme might just be the right product for you!
5. Smart Light Bulb BERENNIS
- Comes with 1-year warranty
- Built-in dimmer
- Easy to install
- May be difficult to connect
- May not be as bright as some people would prefer
- May emit a buzzing noise when being used
There’s no denying that smart light bulbs are convenient, but it’s really important to boast about the environmentally-friendly nature of these light bulbs. This Smart Light Bulb from BERENNIS can be used for up to 20,000 hours, but it’s also capable of saving up to 80% of the energy used by traditional incandescent light bulbs. Needless to say, people enjoy saving money. This is one of the main reasons why most people switch to smart products, even though they’re pretty cool regardless of what they can do for the environment and your pocket.
One of the great aspects of this LED Light Bulb is the ability to control it no matter where you are in the world. With just one press of a button, you can use the app to turn your lights on, which is great if you’re away on vacation or a long weekend. If you’re looking for a convenient LED Smart Light Bulb, then you might want to check out this impressive option from BERENNIS.
6. LIFX 1100-Lumen, 11W Dimmable A19 LED Light Bulb
- Easy to use
- Easy to install
- May have a difficult time connecting
- May turn off randomly
- The app may stop working
The main difference between an LED light bulb and a standard light bulb, without taking the environmental impact into consideration, is the ability to use an LED light bulb for an incredible number of years. If you were to use this 1100-Lumen Dimmable LED Smart Light Bulb for three hours every single day, then you would still be able to use this light bulb for 22.8 years! When was the last time you used the same light bulb for over 20 years? We’re willing to be that that’s never happened to you before. Considering that this LED Light Bulb is easy to install, has built-in WiFi, and is compatible with just about every platform out there today, the fact that it has 16 million color choices is just an added bonus. If you’re thinking about making the jump into the future, then buying this Dimmable A19 LED Light Bulb by LIFX might just be the right choice for you!
7. Sengled Smart LED Soft White A19 Starter Kit
- Allows you to monitor electricity use
- Easy to use
- Easy to set up
- May be difficult for some to keep connected
- There may be a lag for some users
- Can’t be used without a platform
While it seems like the entire world is jetting into the future at warped speed, there are still plenty of people who are dragging their feet along to get there. If you’re one of the people who hasn’t been sold on smart devices, then this LED Starter Kit from Sengled might be the boost you need to get started. This starter kit comes with 2 smart light bulbs, its own hub, as well as a power adaptor. Once you get the light bulbs, you’ll attach them using the Sengled Home app, which you download onto your phone. Also, this light bulb is capable of saving you up to 80% of the energy used by traditional light bulbs, which is unbelievable for your pocket when you think about it. If you’re looking for an LED smart light bulb that you can customize and set timers for, then purchasing this Smart LED Starter Kit by Sengled might be the right move for you to make!
8. Dusk to Dawn Smart LED Outdoor Light Bulbs by Vgogfly
- Easy to use
- Easy to install
- May not last as long as other products
- May fry out if exposed to power fluctuation
Sometimes all you really want is a light that turns on at dusk and turns off at dawn, but sadly, this has been a little challenging to accomplish in the past. Luckily, with the changing times comes a light bulb that can fulfill all of your lighting desires. This Smart LED Outdoor Light Bulb from Vgogfly is capable of turning on at dusk and turning off at dawn, which is especially convenient if you work strange hours or travel more often than you’d like to admit. Thanks to the built-in sensors, you don’t have to worry about the light not turning on when it begins to get dark outside, which is essential if you tend to get home by yourself. Safety should be your main concern when it comes to having outdoor light bulbs, so if you’re ready to have a light bulb that does the work to keep you safe, then this Smart LED Outdoor Light Bulb from Vgogfly would be a wise investment for you to make.
9. LED Bulb with Motion Sensor by Sengled
- Easy to install
- Easy to use
- Motion detecting
- Some people may have trouble connecting these light bulbs
- Motion detectors may work during the day
Unfortunately, we live during a time where things can be a little scary in the neighborhood. This is why a lot of people have chosen to install smart LED motion sensors in front of their homes. Doing so allows you to control the light in front of your house, which can be helpful when it comes to identifying a burglar before they get too close. This LED light bulb has a built-in motion sensor, which is safe for outdoor use, as well as, convenient for indoor use. This light bulb is not only easy to install, but it’s unbelievably easy to use, as well, which is convenient for those of you who don’t consider themselves to be tech-savvy. Thanks to this light’s ability to turn regular light fixtures into controllable motion detectors, spending your money on this product might just be in your best interest. But what do we know? Check it out for yourself!
10. LED Candelabra Bulb E12 Base Smart Light Bulb by L Lohas LED
- Compatible with different platforms
- Easy to set up
- Can be used with a ceiling fan
- Some people may have a problem connecting this to their device
- May not last as long as comparable products
- May begin to flicker if used with a separate dimmer
There’s no need to keep wasting your hard-earned money on light bulbs when there are cheaper, environmentally options out there. This Smart Light Candelabra Bulb by L Lohas LED is capable of replacing your 40w light bulb with 450 lumens and a wide array of color. Using a smartphone, you can control this light bulb with just a press of a button or with the sound of your voice. There’s no denying that lighting can completely make or break a mood, but with these lights, you never have to worry about that. Thanks to the fact that this light bulb comes with eight different modes and 16 million color choices, you’re able to set the mood in a variety of different applications, including in your kitchen, dining room, bedrooms, or even your garage! If you’re looking for a smart LED Light Bulb to address your lighting needs, then this Candelabra Light Bulb from L Lohas LED should be added to your shopping list as soon as possible!
Smart Light Bulb Buying Guide
Of course, before you buy any type of new product you want to make sure that you know what you’re doing. Keep reading to discover a few of the things you should keep in mind when buying smart light bulbs for the first time.
One of the most important things to think about when buying a smart light is the platform you plan on using to operate the light. There are some platforms that are capable of controlling and maintaining more than one smart product, so if you have more than one, you should choose this option. Also, a lot of smart lights come with their own control apps, so if you don’t have anything else to worry about, you can just use the app that comes with your smart light.
Think About the Hub
Smart light bulbs operate by using wireless transmissions to send and receive signals, but each bulb may use a different method to manage this task. While some smart lights use built-in Wi-Fi radios, other smart light bulbs use Bluetooth to receive and send signals. If your smart light uses Bluetooth, then you may have to provide a Wi-Fi hub if the light is too far from the modem. Before making a purchase, think about where you’ll be using the light and how far that spot is away from the Wi-Fi. If it’s too far, then you should purchase a Wi-Fi hub along with the light.
Say No to Dimmer Switches
One of the best things about smart bulbs is the fact that they come with their own built-in dimmer switch. Because of this, using an additional dimmer can actually cause the smart light to not work as well as it should because the two dimmers are clashing with one another.
FAQ about Smart Light Bulb
How Long Do Smart Light Bulbs Last?
- While smart light bulbs certainly last longer than traditional incandescent light bulbs, they differ depending on the product that you choose to buy. On average, smart light bulbs last between 15 to 25 years, or between 15,000 to 25,000 hours. Of course, make sure to research the company you go through so you know how long you should expect your light bulb to last.
What is a Smart Light Bulb?
- A smart light bulb is a type of LED light bulb that is capable of being used by the internet. Users can customize the light, as well as schedule and control the light bulb remotely. A lot of smart light bulbs also contain a variety of different colors to choose from.
Do Smart Light Bulbs Use Electricity When Off?
- Despite the fact that smart light bulbs are capable of saving your money, there are certain drawbacks to using smart light bulbs. One of those drawbacks is the fact that smart bulbs are still on regardless if they’re emitting light or not. So, yes, even if the light is off, your smart bulb is still using electricity.
Are Smart Bulbs a Fire Hazard?
- While anything electrical can be a fire hazard, LED smart bulbs are less of a safety hazard than other comparable products. This is because of the fact that smart lights use low amounts of voltage and waste less heat energy than other forms of light. Of course, all proper safety precautions should be used when using any kind of lighting.
Do Smart Bulbs Need WiFi?
- Unfortunately, there’s no straight answer to this question. This is all dependent on the type of smart bulb that you use, and which manufacturer you choose to go through. For example, some of the products from Philips don’t require an internet connection, but you can’t use them when you’re away from the house.
It goes without saying that it can be quite the change to move from traditional light bulbs to these smart LED light bulbs. Sure, it can be scary, anything new is, but it can also change the convenience of your everyday life. If you’re looking to make a difference to the way you light up your driveway before you get home, or illuminate your bedroom in the middle of the night, then you may want to consider switching from traditional, energy-wasting incandescent light bulbs to LED smart light bulbs. After all, there’s no need to waste time, money, or energy when there are environmentally friendly options out there for you to use instead!